Playing Cards-First Words 1
The durable, water-resistant cards measure 3.5” X 2.5” are great for playing games such as Old Maid, Concentration and Go Fish. If not in stock, the playing cards are available by special order.
The Easy to Learn and Simple to Teach method helps you and your children:
- Increases visual skills and observation skills.
- Learn through play
- Build SEE and ASL vocabulary – Children just want to communicate and if a word is signed differently in ASL and SEE (Signing Exact English) we include both versions.
Looking for more games, books and resources to help you learn your First Words? Click here to find everything you need.
How to Play Concentration
- Depending on the skill level of the children, choose 3-10 matching pairs of signs, letters or numbers.
- Place the cards face down on the table in a pattern.
- The first child turns over two cards looking for matching pair.
- If the child uncovers a match they remove those cards and place them in front of them. (That child may continue with their turn or you can choose to have the next child play.)
- If the child does not have a match they turn the cards over and it is the next child’s turn.
- Continue this process until all matches have been removed.
- Count the matches at the end of the game. The child with the most matches wins.