Book and Flashcards-First Words 1
Working together, the book and 33 flashcards reinforce the “First Words” that infants and toddlers experience each day. These are words which promote communication and interaction between young children ages 0-5 and the adults educating them. The focus is on developmental words including Sorry, Please and Thank you.
- The set of 33 First Word 1 flashcards are double-sided with the signed word on one side and the signed word, written word and description on the other.
- The book features the charming characters demonstrating the signs and written descriptions. If there is a difference between the SEE sign and the ASL sign it is noted and both signs and descriptions are shown.
- The books have large, bright graphics that are easy to read when sitting side-by-side or when sharing with a class.
- Each flashcard has the sign depicting the word on one side and a detailed description of the proper way to sign the word on the other.
Are your sign language skills a bit rusty?
The Easy to Learn and Simple to Teach method lets you:
- Hold the flashcard in front of you making it easy for the children to see.
- Say the word
- Confidently sign it by reading the short but detailed description on the back of the card.
A print at home version of the First Words 1 Flashcards is available here and the downloadable eBook here.