Emma and Egor-Print at Home-Learn to Sign Their ABC's-Playing Cards
GOLD COLOR: #feb824
Emma and Egor Learn to Sign their ABC's - Set of 26 ABC playing card pairs and 2 wildcards. Each pair of cards has the sign depicting the letter on one side and a matching letter on the other.
The Easy to Learn and Simple to Teach method helps you and your children:
- Increases visual skills and observation skills.
- Learn through play
- Build SEE and ASL vocabulary – the alphabet is the same in ASL and SEE (Signing Exact English)
Looking for more games, books and resources to help you learn your sign language alphabet? Click here to find everything you need.
- The goal of Old Maid is to form and discard pairs of cards and not to be left with the odd card (a wildcard such as a Teacher, Fish, Witch, Grandpa or Grandma) at the end.
- Use the “odd” card as the “Old Maid”.
- Shuffle the playing cards and deal them out to the children one at a time until all of the cards have been dealt.
- Each child matches then removes all pairs from their hand and places them face down in front of them.
- You lead. Spread out your cards and the first child on your left draws a card from your hand. If the child has a match or pair they remove that pair from their hand and place it in front of them.
- The child then offers their cards to the player on their left. Play proceeds in this way until all cards have been paired except one – The “Old Maid” card, which cannot be paired - and the player who has that card is the winner.
ABC Playing Cards are approximately 2.5" X 3.5" and can be printed side by side on 5" X 7" photo paper. No time to print your own set at home? A durable, water-resistant set of ABC Playing Cards is available here.
We Also Recommend
Emma and Egor-Sign Language-Can You Help Emma Find? Poster+1 set flashcards